Thursday 27 August 2009

Leady Interview

Certified Banger: Can you tell us your necessary background details so we can build on basics for the rest of the interview?

Leady: My name is Leady and I have featured on Mixtapes such as UK Runnings, HHB Radio Mixtapes, Certified Banger "On The Radar", I have worked with the likes of Filthy Rich, JabbaThaKut, Beit Nun, Baron Samedi, Joe Gutta, Lunar C, WydeBoi, EXP, and plenty more.

CB: What are your current or upcoming projects?

L: Currently I'm working on my Solo Project 'Toxic Nonsense' as well starting possible joint projects with the likes of Manchester based Producer X-FIRE or Huddersfield producer Kegzi. Obviously I have a track featuring on the current Certified Banger 'On The Radar Vol.4'. Also I will be featuring on a project that will be released by E.L.D.E.R.S, a coalition of MCs from the states, Canada and the UK put together for working together, and promoting each other as well, so with that said, keep eyes open for the debut from E.L.D.E.R.S - 'The Black List'.

CB: How would you describe your sound? Is there any one track that would best define your style?

L: I'd describe my sound as very British. I think the track so far which best defines my style will be 'Remote Control' with Lunar C and Wydeboi taken from Lunar C's forthcoming solo project.

CB: Who have been your biggest musical influences and which Hip Hop artists have inspired you? Which are your favourite albums? What music were you brought up on?

L: My biggest Hip Hop influence would be KRS ONE, just for how much he has done for what we love doing today. Musical Influences would be Miles Davis(expect a few tracks using samples), Nina Simone, Guns and Roses, Van Halen and Meat Loaf. Hip Hop wise, my influences are as mentioned KRS ONE, Dilated Peoples, Roots, Method Man, RedMan.

CB: What is your earliest memory of anything Hip Hop related? First rap track heard? First time you rapped?

L: First album I listened to would have been an Ice T CD, can't remember the actual title though that would also contain the first real rap track I heard. First time I rapped I was terrible,but it's what got me started and to where I am now.

CB: Where are you from? Can you tell us a bit more about the Hip Hop scene there?

L: I'm from Leeds, West Yorkshire, the scene here is full of talented MCs, DJs and producers, just not enough people really working hard and pushing themselves properly. Obviously West Yorkshire is home to the massive Don't Talk To Strangers -
Leeds being home to a lot of the members.

CB: What about the Hip Hop scene in general, UK or worldwide – where do you think it’s headed? Are things good/bad? What are your current philosophical thoughts on the current trends in rap music?

L: Hip Hop at the moment in my opinion is being hurt with all this terrible autotune stuff out there now. However I don't think this is bad because we still have and always will have in existence a strong underground scene.

CB: What process do you go through when writing a track? Do you start with a beat, a concept, a lyric that you thought of in the shower? What happens next?

L: It depends on the mood really, sometimes I might have a topic or something I want to say in which case I get a beat to fit the tone, or for the most part I'll listen to the beat and let that guide me through everything from topic to how I want to approach the track and say things.

CB: Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years, 10 years time? Is it an achievable goal?

L: Still doing what I love doing, hopefully will be able to say I've been around Europe and so on to perform my music etc.

CB:Any last words?

L: Shout outs to Missing People, Freyed Knot, Chief Wiggum, 9 Lives, all DTTS, DS Fam, Alphabetix, Jack Dans, Crack House, Organised Mess, E.L.D.E.R.S, Blessed House, Snafu, DBO, wiz, IrnMnky, ESSDEE, everybody repping for Leeds and West Yorkshire haha, Big up JabbaThaKut, Megamouth, Jack Flash and the rest of Groundwurq, and obviously Certified Banger - the greatest blogspot going, anybody else, if I forgot you, then sorry.

Also check out:
www.myspace.com/mrleady
www.reverbnation.com/leady
www.youtube.com/leady
www.youtube.com/Illuminatielders
www.myspace.com/illuminatielders

No comments:

LinkWithin